Setting up a mindfulness pod in your garden provides a secluded and tranquil environment away from the hustle and bustle of the home. Being outside offers a direct connection to nature – and spending time in green spaces or the natural environment can help improve your mood, reduce feelings of stress and help you feel more relaxed.
For those looking to create an outdoor mindfulness room, Hypedomes are an excellent option, particularly the Clear or Grey styles. With their fully transparent design, they offer a breathtaking 360-degree view of the surrounding nature, allowing you to fully immerse yourself in the outdoors while enjoying the comforts of being inside. If you prefer a bit more privacy, the Opal and Mirror finishings feature a large bay window that lets you peacefully absorb your surroundings regardless of the weather conditions. With a Hypedome, you can experience the tranquillity of nature all year round, making it the perfect choice for your very own mindfulness oasis.
How to Create a Mindfulness Room Using a Garden Dome
Now for a crucial question – where should your garden pod go? As you’ll be using your dome as a wellness room, it’s best to position it in a secluded part of your garden, surrounded by greenery and flowers, with access to plenty of natural light. If your garden is lacking in lush fauna and flora, plant tall or bushy patio shrubs in containers and place them near your dome.
Inside your mindfulness pod, aim to create good vibes by adding:
- Soft seating and cushions – comfiness is paramount.
- Beautiful flooring like Hypedome’s Round Carpet or Coconut Coir Matting.
- Calming elements, e.g. water features, indoor plants (potted or in macrame holders), naturally scented reed diffusers, candles or other forms of ambient lighting.
- A Bluetooth speaker so you can play sounds of the environment – think a gentle breeze blowing through trees, the ocean waves or a softly flowing river stream…
You’ll want your mindfulness room to feel pleasant and comfortable so you enjoy your time in there. So make sure your garden dome is properly ventilated and you can control the temperature effectively – sweating or shivering won’t aid your practice.
Top Tips for Practising Mindfulness in Your Garden Pod
Reminding yourself to take a step back and notice your thoughts, feelings, and the physical sensations of your body is key to becoming more mindful. By making a conscious effort to be aware of these experiences, you can cultivate a deeper sense of mindfulness and begin to fully appreciate the present moment. Follow our tips below to get the most out of your practice:
- Schedule mindfulness into your life – whether you practice every morning for ten minutes or a few times a week for half an hour.
- Keep your garden dome fit for purpose – don’t clutter up the space with anything besides what you need for your mindfulness practice. Use this environment as your dedicated space to focus on the present moment.
- Use guided meditations or mindfulness apps – these can help you get into the right head space. Note that you can do other activities such as colouring or crafts to still those thoughts in your head and bring your attention full circle.
- Connect with nature – while in your mindfulness pod, observe the plants, flowers, animals and other aspects of the outside environment and notice how they make you feel.
- Practice gratitude – appreciate your space and everything that surrounds you.
Become a Better You in Your Own Mindfulness Zone
It’s so easy to rush through life and have your attention pulled every which way, leading to overwhelm and stress. Mindfulness will help you develop greater awareness and presence at the moment. It could even support your journey to better mental health and becoming the best version of yourself.